Adult people 18 and over must show identification that is valid the airport checkpoint to be able to travel.
- Driver’s licenses or other state picture identification cards released by Department of automobiles (or equivalent)
- U.S. passport
- U.S. passport card
- DHS trusted tourist cards (worldwide Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI, FAST)
- U.S. Department of Defense ID, including IDs given to dependents
- Permanent resident card
- Border crossing card
- State-issued Enhanced Driver’s License
- Federally recognized, tribal-issued picture ID
- HSPD-12 PIV card
- International passport that is government-issued
- Canadian driver that is provincial permit or Indian and Northern Affairs Canada card
- Transportation worker recognition credential
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Solutions Employment Authorization Card (I-766)
- U.S. Merchant Mariner Credential
In coordination featuring its DHS counterparts, TSA has identified appropriate alternative recognition for used in special circumstances in the checkpoint.
A tool permit just isn’t a appropriate as a type of recognition. a short-term motorist’s permit just isn’t a satisfactory type of recognition.
Starting Oct. 1, 2020, it is REAL ID compliant if you plan to use your state-issued ID or license to fly within the U.S., make sure. If you’re maybe maybe not certain that your ID complies with REAL ID, consult with your state dept. of automobiles.
TSA will not need kids under 18 to present recognition when vacationing with a friend in the united states of america. Contact the flight for concerns regarding specific ID requirements for people under 18.
Forgot Your ID?
If you get to the airport without valid recognition, you may still be allowed to fly because it is lost or at home. The TSA officer may request you to finish an identification verification procedure which include gathering information such as the title, present target, along with other private information to verify your identification. In case your identity is verified, you will be permitted to go into the testing checkpoint. You’ll be susceptible to screening that is additional to incorporate a patdown and testing of carry-on property.
You simply will not be permitted to go into the protection checkpoint in the event the identification may not be verified, you made a decision to maybe not provide appropriate recognition or you decline to cooperate aided by the identity verification procedure.
TSA suggests which you get to minimum a couple of hours prior to your flight time.
In the event the identification may not be confirmed, you shall never be custom writing coupon permitted to enter the testing checkpoint.